Most organizations believe that installing a security solution in their network will help not only detect, but also prevent attackers from compromising their security posture. However, it has been found that in most instances these security solutions are not effectively configured, nor are the alerting mechanisms adequate. The lack of skilled and trained cyber security personnel further leads to these attacks going undiscovered or even if detected are not able to prevent the attack.
Another popular belief across organizations is that getting a vulnerability assessment and penetration testing (VAPT) is enough. However, the disadvantage of a VAPT is that the scope is often very limited, and the timelines of the activity are also limited to an annual, bi-annual or a quarterly review. VAPTs can never be used to simulate a real-world threat actor. Moreover, aspects like social engineering and physical security are not part of the scope of the VAPT assessments.
Cyber Attacks can only be prevented if the organization understands and is able to visualize such malicious actors through simulated real-world scenarios that prepare and measure the security defences of the organisation.
- To help organizations overcome the limitations of the VAPT assessments, we believe a more comprehensive approach is required to determine the real threat an organization faces from different adversary attacks.
Through our Red Team Assessment services, we offer you the following benefits:
- A real-world understanding of threat actors having a bearing on the target organization
- Comprehensive view of security controls employed
- Observer and evaluate the monitoring and security incident response capabilities of the target organization
Our attack vectors or methods are designed to launch mock attacks and simulate threats originating from Internet facing assets, Social engineering and physical access
- With a large number of assets exposed online, Organization’s run the risk of an attacker getting a foothold into the organization by compromising any exposed assets.
- Humans are the weakest link in the security chain. Phishing attacks that manipulate employees into clicking on malicious links or downloading malicious executable files usually results in potential loss of information.
Elevated Cyber Defence
- Completed picture from certified analysts.
- Analysis of attack simulation vs current state of prevention & detection controls.
- Receive recommended security posture enhancements.
Real World Testing
- Based on industry leading standards and the latest attack techniques.
- Embed a continuous governance model to ensure improvement.
- Industry best certifications.
- OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, CEH and more.
- Tailored approach.
Effective Remediation Post Attack
Following simulated attacks, put in place the right processes for e¬ffective mitigation against future attacks.
Bi-Weekly Debrief Call
Record and gather timeline of information and evidence on a bi-weekly basis.
Present Risks and Posture Issues.
A successful Red Team Assessment requires gathering detailed information of the target organization and includes the following information:
- User details/ credentials
- Internal application details
- Internet facing assets (IP addresses, web sites, applications etc.)
- Physical location details
Information gathering to identify exploitable vulnerabilities
Get initial access into target by means of perimeter testing, physical security breach, social engineering, etc
Strengthen position within target via privilege escalation, data exfiltration, etc
Document information & evidence gathered at each phase
AiCyberWatch, Your Partner for Red Teaming
Among highest accredited UK red teaming companies
A deep understanding of how hackers operate
In-depth threat analysis and advice you can trust
Complete post-test care for effective risk remediation
Multi award-winning offensive security services
Avg. 9/10 customer satisfaction, 95% retention rate
Get a Free Consultation and Quote
AiCyber Watch FAQs
What is a Red Team Exercise?
A Red Team Exercise is a cybersecurity assessment where a group of skilled individuals simulates cyberattacks on an organization’s systems and infrastructure. The objective is to identify vulnerabilities and weaknesses in security measures by mimicking real-world threats. This helps the organization improve its defenses and enhance its overall cybersecurity posture.
How long does it take to conduct a Red Teaming Operation?
The duration of a Red Teaming operation can vary widely based on the scope, complexity, and goals of the exercise. Typically, it may last anywhere from several weeks to a few months. Larger organizations or those with intricate systems may require longer periods. The specific timeframe is determined by the objectives, resources, and the extent of testing and analysis required to effectively evaluate an organization’s security posture.
What is the difference between Pen Testing and Red Teaming?
Penetration testing (Pen Testing) and Red Teaming are both cybersecurity assessments, but they differ in scope and purpose. Pen Testing is a focused, goal-oriented assessment that identifies specific vulnerabilities in a system. Red Teaming, on the other hand, is a broader, simulation of real-world attacks that assess an organization’s overall security posture, including its people, processes, and technology. Red Teaming mimics complex, multi-faceted threats, while Pen Testing targets specific weaknesses.
Could a red team operation cause any damage or disruption?
Yes, a Red Team operation has the potential to cause damage or disruption as it simulates real-world cyber threats. While the intention is to identify vulnerabilities without causing harm, there is a risk of unintended consequences. Skilled Red Teamers can inadvertently trigger security controls or impact system availability. Therefore, it’s crucial for organizations to carefully plan and coordinate Red Team exercises to minimize any unintended disruptions.