Closing Gaps In Healthcare Security
Closing Gaps in Healthcare Security and Compliance, with AiCyberwatch
Healthcare insurers and providers face all kinds of difficulties related to healthcare data security. The IT teams of these organizations are normally under-resourced and have no option but to depend on manual processes and ageing legacy systems, thereby making compliance with complex regulations like HIPAA (Health Care Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and HITECH (Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health) an endless struggle.
Furthermore, these healthcare IT security teams are expected to always stay on top of the latest threats, emerging as a result of constantly evolving threat landscape. They should be well aware of what’s coming for their devices, applications and/or users, which can potentially lead to loss of ePHI (Electronic Protected Health Information).
A good number of healthcare organizations make incorrect assumption that they won’t be targeted because of their small size. However, if you look at the organizations that have fallen prey to security breaches over the past few years, it clearly shows that organizations of all sizes are being targeted.
Furthermore, healthcare data security threat is not only external. If we refer to the Data Breach Incident Report submitted by Verizon in the year 2016, healthcare is amongst the most impacted industries by privilege and insider misuse.
The unified approach taken by AiCyberwatch offers a unique means of addressing challenges related to healthcare compliance and security. It’s a tool that comes to the rescue of resource-lacking IT teams, equipping them with threat intelligence, constant monitoring and essential security controls. It provides critical capabilities required for reducing the frustration and cost associated with regulatory requirements such as HIPAA.
Critical security controls
- Provision of inbuilt security controls does away with the requirement of additional staff for deployment, configuration and maintenance of separate security controls
- Easy configuration and management of all security controls, from a single console
Constant monitoring and analytics
- Automatic correlation and analysis of security events
- Elimination of manual analysis and monitoring
Inbuilt threat intelligence and guidance on responses
- Constant threat research with regular updates made to the security controls
- Every alarm comes with response guidance in order to improve the incident response process
- Fully Managed threat remediation services